Insyde Software is a leading global provider of system firmware and software engineering services
Insyde Software offers a unique career and rewarding opportunity for talented individuals to be part of a company that has mature technology, leading edge software and services, and a world-class customer base.
Employment Opportunities in the United States:
If you are interested in the following position(s), please send your resume to email@example.com
This engineer will be responsible for developing UEFI-based firmware (BIOS) as required to meet product and technology development goals. This responsibility includes performing the role of project and technical lead, handling multiple projects, and interfacing with customers, silicon vendors, and technology development partners. Project leadership responsibilities include working with customers and technology development partners to help clarify product/technology requirements, participate in developing schedules, and taking ownership for selected elements of large projects and full ownership for smaller projects.
Technical leadership is expected in selected areas of expertise across the spectrum of the company’s engineering portfolio of technical experience and expertise, as well as with customers, vendors, and development partners. The position includes working with the latest in hardware and software technology and provides excellent opportunities to gain a wide breadth of experience.
- 5+ years of experience in firmware or BIOS/UEFI development.
- In-depth knowledge of UEFI architecture and development (focused on the EDK2 development environment).
- Extensive knowledge of computer architecture and PC BIOS internals.
- Extensive experience programming in C, C++, assembler and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of device driver development. Must be able to use structured development techniques to extend the functionality in firmware-based device drivers.
- Knowledge of industry standard technologies including ACPI, USB, SMBIOS, IPMI, and PCI express.
- Strong knowledge in UEFI security or firmware security in general.
- Significant experience in system bring-up and board-level debugging. Must be comfortable with the use of JTAG based debuggers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent code documentation and commenting skills.
- Excellent debug and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to verbally present concepts in a logical, clear and consistent manner.
- Must be able to write a specification or a Statement of Work that is complete, coherent, and accurate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects.
- Must be tolerant of the schedule pressures arising from the use of new code on new hardware with inflexible delivery dates.
- Must be able to work day to day with little or no supervision, and be able to remain focused, productive, and goal-oriented in the absence of daily guidance.
- Must enjoy a fast-paced environment working with other Engineers who thrive on the pleasure of successfully meeting our challenging goals.
- Customer focused and customer driven.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering highly desired.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work with qualified and unqualified customers in pre-sales activities to build company’s technical credibility and help close new business.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Qualify and interpret customer requirements.
- Perform customer engineering and project-design reviews.
- Work with company engineers to ensure proper messaging and demos are delivered to customers.
- Provide feedback to engineering management to help improve future product releases or new products.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Liaise and coordinate with other members of the sales team and other technical experts.
- Provide training for sales and produce support materials for the sales team.
Additionally, the responsibilities include:
- Provide input to drive quarterly product roadmaps for Server and Embedded platforms.
- Record customer-provided information on market trends, strategies, and competitors’ products in order to market products as efficiently as possible.
- Prepare, maintain and update documents and sales tools for using product presentations along with technical training seminars.
- Support US sales and marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other events as needed.
- Keep the sales team informed of new product developments/features and updated roadmaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or technical related field required.
- At least 5 years of experience in a technical marketing or sales engineering role within a technology environment.
- Strong project management skills for executing multiple customer opportunities, technical sales support requirements and schedules.
- Team player and advocate for the company with customers and partners.
- Experience leading meetings, reporting, technical sales support and budget planning.
- Superior technical skills and aptitude; passion for continuous learning.
- Excellent with Microsoft office applications.
- Strong data center products and solutions knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – specifically an ability to write clear concise proposals, reports and presentations.
- Strong experience driving technical strategy/road mapping.
- Ability to travel 25-30%.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the job you are interested in.
Employment Opportunities in Taiwan:
Please visit our Career Center to learn more about available employment opportunities in Taiwan and the many benefits and advantages that come from working for Insyde Software.